This is my modest watch collection, I hope you enjoy these timepieces as much as I do. Some of the brands I collect are Omega, Hamilton, Bulova, Gucci, Invicta, Croton, Rado, and other popular brands

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Omega DeVille Quartz - Circa 1985

The Omega DeVille Quartz circa 1985 - Another one of my favorite Omega watches. This watch is amazingly thin and very elegant.
The dial features roman numerals, the Omega logo at 12 O'clock, and the DeVille name above the 6 o'clock. The dial has also an unusual texture pattern like woven cotton. The case is solid 18 kt gold, not the typical stainless steel gold plated used in other older Omega watches.
This watch does not feature any complications, and its simplicity makes the watch super elegant. This is a watch to wear with a tuxedo or 3 piece suit. I wear this watch often when I have important meetings at work and I need to look the part!
The crown features the Omega Logo like all Omega watches of the era.
The back is stainless steel and features the DeVille Quartz logo. This watch is so thin that is just a few milliliters thick. I will measure it and post a follow up on the thickness.
On a sad note this watch was serviced once in Panama by not-so-trained hands, and they nicked the solid gold case and the back of the watch. Also, I do not know why the hands were replaced. I am actively searching for an original set to replace the ones on the watch now.

Omega DeVille - Quartz Movement - Circa 1985





















2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have the same one but i don't find the correct name of this watch... could you tell me more about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JacobTime is selling authentic luxury brand name watches, with some watches offered with a 75% discount.

    ReplyDelete